Online Computer Courses
Algonquin Careers Academy now offers a suite of personal productivity tools. Through our on-line word and Excel training courses you will increase you daily efficiency and productivity. These courses can be completed at your own pace, at home, in the office or even your cottage!
Please review the course information and content material thoroughly. We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have prior to registering.
All training aids and textbooks will be mailed to you and are yours to keep at no additional cost. No additional purchases of any kind are necessary.
These programs do not require approval under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Windows XP (Windows Fundamental)
Once you've successfully completed this course you will be introduced to computer operations, operating system basics, and disk structures, this module provides the foundation of all training in computer applications.
- Basic Computer Hardware Operation
- Windows Graphical User Interface Features
- Effective File Management
- Information Sharing and Customization
- Basic Touch-Typing Techniques
Microsoft Word 2007, I and II
Once you've successfully completed this course you will work with typical office documents to practice word processing skills in Microsoft Word.
- Process and Edit text
- Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- Use Editing and Writing Tools
- Use Character, Paragraph, & Page - -Formatting
- Use Page Numbers, Headers and Footers
- Create and Format Tables
- Insert, Size, and Position a Picture
- Use Styles and Templates
Microsoft Excel 2007, I and II
Once you've successfully completed this course you will work with typical excel documents to practice spreadsheets skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Create, Modify, and Print Workbooks
- Calculate with Formulas and Functions
- Format Worksheet Text and Values
- Work with Ranges
- Sort Data ·Create and Format Charts
- Add Graphic Elements Create Complex
- Use Advanced Formatting & Printing
- Audit a Worksheet
- Create and Print Reports
- Create Forms
- Work with Pivot Tables
The system requirements for the Online Computer Courses are as follows:
- Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher.
- MS Office 2007
- Google Chrome